How to Apply
Applications for admission in September 2018 are now open. Application forms can be downloaded using the links below. Please note the following:
- The deadline for submitting applications is Friday 9th February 2018.
- Applications should be posted to the school using the details on the application form; we will not accept applications submitted by email.
- We will only be able to process completed application forms. Please do not submit any application without a teacher reference that clearly verifies your predicted grades.
External application form: Click here to download
Internal application form: Click here to download
Our Sixth Form is heavily over-subscribed. Selection is based on academic achievement, with students required to meet all of the following criteria:
- At least a grade 7 (or an A grade in unreformed qualifications) at GCSE in all subjects they intend to study at A Level.
- A grade point average of at least 6.5 across all GCSEs studied.
- A minimum of a grade 5 in English Language and Mathematics, regardless of the subjects studied at A Level.
Please note that the above represent the minimum entry criteria. Where courses are oversubscribed the best grades will prevail and significantly higher grades may be required in order to secure a place.
For non-reformed subjects, letter grades can be converted into points as follows:
A* = 8
A = 7
B = 6
C = 5
D = 4
All students study four AS Level subjects in Year 12. In order to study on our A Level programme in Year 13 students are required to achieve at least three C grades in their AS Level exams.